All Nation Restoration understands the disruption, stress, and expense involved with water damage in Austin, TX. To ensure customers receive the best water damage restoration services the industry has to offer, the company provides thorough training, advanced technology, and innovative techniques to its staff in order to custom fit the service to the client’s needs.
All Nation Restoration is all about helping homeowners and businesses recover from a property damage disaster. The team offers full-service restoration, as well as advice on avoiding property damage disasters. In some cases, preventing damage to the home can be as simple as making a small investment of time or money. One strategy for preventing water damage in the bathroom is investing in a bath mat.
What are the benefits of having a bath mat at the bathtub, shower, or sink?
- Protection: Bath mats protect the bathroom flooring from water damage by absorbing dripping and splashing water from the tub or shower. Constantly exposing the flooring to water can cause warping, buckling, and rotting. Water trapped under the flooring or water that seeps into walls or under the tub or shower can cause extensive water damage that is costly to repair. Also, mold and mildew can flourish when excess water is allowed to remain on the floor. The small up-front investment in a bath mat could save money in the long term by avoiding costly water damage repairs.
- Safety: Bath mats promote a safe bathing experience by reducing the risk of a slip-and-fall accident. Stepping out of the shower or tub onto a non-slip surface is crucial in a high-moisture environment in which tile, laminate, and linoleum surfaces can become as slick as ice.
- Aesthetic: A bath mat coordinated with the existing color scheme and décor can significantly enhance the beauty and visual warmth of the bathroom.
Where is the best place to position the bath mat?
Position the mat next to a shower or tub. Having a mat that extends the entire length of the tub ensures the absorption of water from spilling, splashing, and dripping. Placing a small mat in front of a bathroom sink will provide a safe, comfortable experience while protecting the floor from splashes, spills, and drips that come from washing hands, brushing teeth, or shaving.
Are bath mats sanitary?
Regular washing and replacement ensure the sanitary condition of a bath mat. Improving the ventilation in the bathroom reduces moisture, which helps bath mats dry out. Washing a bath mat in hot water will kill bacteria, but it may also damage the mat’s rubberized backing.
How often should homeowners purchase new bath mats?
Bath mats need replacing every two years. Mats that receive high usage may need to be replaced more frequently. The following signs indicate that a bath mat needs to be discarded and replaced with a new one:
- Peeling: If the backing on the bath mat is peeling, tearing, or simply disintegrating, the mat should be replaced. A mat with compromised backing is less slip-proof, and mats with degraded backing do not lay as flat and tend to roll up on the edges.
- Loose threads: Besides being an eyesore, fraying threads create another trip hazard. These loose threads also have the potential to seriously damage a washing machine.
- Stains: Other than being unsightly, stains do not necessarily indicate reduced functionality in a bath mat unless the blemishes are mold and mildew. The presence of mold and mildew in or on the mats may mean more frequent washing is needed. If the stains do not release in warm water, detergent, and bleach, then discard the mat. Eliminating the moldy mat could save the homeowner from a mold infestation in the bathroom, which could spread to the entire home.
The experts at All Nation Restoration are committed to customer service and helping homeowners avoid water damage not just in the bathroom but in every part of the home. Something as simple as a small bath mat in front of the tub, shower, or sink can make a big difference in the bathroom and go a long way to preventing water damage and mold issues in one of the most important rooms in a home.
When a water damage disaster strikes, the restoration professionals at All Nation Restoration in Austin, TX, can take on the entire project, bring it to completion, and provide the necessary documentation that work has been completed. All Nation Restoration also offers consultation and rental options for ambitious homeowners who want to tackle some or all of the project on their own as a DIY. Whatever solution the homeowner chooses, All Nation Restoration is ready to walk with them through the process.
For more information about water damage restoration in Austin, TX, contact the office by phone at (512) 934-8180 or email info@AllNationRestoration.com.